Resources & Forms

Certification Request Form

Prior to the start of each new semester in which you intend to utilize VA educational benefits you must complete the Certification Request Form in order for your VA education benefits to be processed. You will receive a confirmation e-mail after submission. It is important to submit this request in a timely manner to ensure that your benefits are not delayed. Registration at Carson-Newman takes place several weeks prior to the upcoming semester for which you are registering. Make it a practice to fill out the Certification Request Form at the same time you register for the next semester.


The Tennessee STRONG Act is a reimbursement program for members of the TN National Guard to obtain funding towards a first bachelor’s or master’s degree. If you have signed a 6-year contract and are actively drilling, we encourage you to apply to utilize this benefit. For more information about the Tennessee STRONG Act, visit here.

VA Work Study

Get paid to work a part-time job while you work on your degree. Positions depend upon approval from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. Contact the Carson-Newman Office of Military and Veterans Services for more information.