Academic Credit Through Military Service

Academic Credit

To award academic credit based upon military service experience, service members and veterans of the Army, Navy, Marine Corps, or Coast Guard must request and submit a Joint Services Transcript. Air Force members and veterans must submit an official transcript from the Community College of the Air Force (CCAF). Military service members and veterans of all U.S. Armed Services, and members of the military reserve, may receive up to 40 hours of academic credit for military training based on recommendations of the American Council of Education. Credit is evaluated based on applicability to the declared major or degree of pursuit. If the declared major or degree changes after the service member or veteran enrolls, Carson-Newman reserves the right to re-evaluate military transfer credit and add or remove credit as it applies to the newly declared major/degree. Consult the University Registrar or the Office of Military and Veteran Services for more information.