The U.S. government requires proof of financial support from all international students applying for an F-1 visa to study in the U.S.A.
To verify the support noted on the Confirmation of Financial Support, we must require each individual providing support (parent, sponsor, or student, if self-funding) to request a letter from their bank to verify account status and the amount available.
Bank letters should be:
- Currently dated (within last 6 months)
- Written in English
- Printed on bank letterhead
Please include the items listed below:
- Bank letterhead, which should include the bank name and location
- Name of an individual bank customer, not a company
- How long individual has been a customer of this bank
- The average amount available in accounts and amount that is currently readily available
- The amount should be listed in local currency and in U.S. dollars
- Signed & dated by a bank representative