Welcome to the Carson-Newman Family!
Adjusting to university can be a real challenge, so we want you to know that you are not alone. So many people on campus care about you and your success. The staff at the Student Success Center is available to help you in any way. Here are some of the services we provide:
Not sure what you want to do when you grow up?
We advise all undeclared students until they decide on a major. Along the way, we will work with you to decide what your calling in life really is. Click here for more resources.
Thinking about changing your major?
We assist students who are considering changing their major. Student are required to complete a Change of Major form, obtain a signature of approval from their current Academic Advisor and SSC Advisor, and submit form to SSC Department Admin.
Based on current in-person vs. online options, please follow the process below:
- Please email the completed Change of Major form (scan or take a picture with your phone and email to self) to your current advisor requesting approval via email for the change of major.
- Once you have received an email response acknowledging approval, then please forward the advisor email with Change of Major form attachment to email@example.com.
- NOTE: include your request to change major in the email.
- All of these electronic approvals will take the place of actual signatures.
- You will receive a Change of Major email once the change has occurred officially in the system with instructions on how to connect with your new academic advisor.
Struggling in a class?
We have study group leaders who will work with you to bridge the gap between the classroom and a real understanding of the material. Click HERE for more information.
Overwhelmed with the whole college thing?
Our staff is available to meet with you one-on-one to discuss strategies for effective time management, study skills, organizational skills, and more. To schedule an appointment, call 865.471.3567, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, or stop by our office on the 2nd floor of the Library. If you are struggling with homesickness or other personal issues, then we can also refer you to one of our Counselors.
Below you will find some links that will be helpful to you along your C-N Journey:
- Academic Resources
- Study Groups (Tutoring)
- REMOTE LEARNING - STRATEGIES FOR SUCCESS
- Academic Coaching
- Career Development
- Learning the Lingo
- Helpful Hints for a Successful C-N Experience from Current C-N Students
- Creating a University Budget
- Top Ten Ways to Beat the Freshman Fifteen
- Tips for Commuter Students
- Balancing your University Schedule
- Study Links