The Stephens - Burnett Memorial Library provides services, resources, and facilities to support excellence in teaching, learning, and research for the University community. The Library faculty, support staff, and student assistants work together to accomplish this mission by:
- Creating a helpful, welcoming environment for library patrons.
- Facilitating the development of lifelong learners by integrating information literacy throughout the liberal arts core curriculum and in other appropriate undergraduate and graduate courses.
- Providing the University community access to information resources, regardless of source or format, which support and enhance teaching and learning.
- Making library resources available for personal enrichment and recreation.
- Representing the library on appropriate campus committees.
- Collecting and preserving historical materials related to Carson-Newman University, the Appalachian region, and to the Baptists of East Tennessee and the world.
- Incorporating new technologies where appropriate to improve instruction and services.
- Cooperating with other libraries, organizations, and consortia to improve resources and services.
- Serving as an information resource for the surrounding community.