The Carson-Newman Honors Program is most pleased to offer a unique Honors-only study abroad opportunity at the University of Glasgow, in Scotland. This semester or year program is offered through the Principia Consortium. This program is unique in many ways.
- Principia is a consortium of liberal arts colleges' Honors programs and is offered only to students who are enrolled in those Honors programs;
- Courses are available for practically every course of study, including specially designed lab science courses designed to mesh with the curricula of our Health Pre-Professions program;
- All participants take the course "The Scottish Enlightenment," an interdisciplinary exploration of a movement profoundly responsible for the culture of the Western world;
- Because all of our participants are Honors Students, U of Glasgow allows them access to some higher level courses;
- Carson-Newman is the only university in Tennessee to offer this prestigious and life-changing program.
For more information, contact C-N Honors Director Dr. Brian Austin, firstname.lastname@example.org, and check out the Principia consortium page maintained by the University of Glasgow (copy and paste the following link into your browser):