Thursday, November 14, 2019
Center for Global Education (1531 Russell Avenue)
In cooperation with the Jefferson County Clerk's Office, Carson-Newman is excited to host a campus Passport Day. Whether you are participating in an upcoming study abroad program, hoping to join an international SPOTS trip, or simply want help applying for a passport for unknown journeys to come, C-N's Passport Day is for you. Please plan to have the required documents with you (see below).
Feel free to make an appointment during the 10:30am-1pm time slot by emailing Melissa Summey (firstname.lastname@example.org), or drop by during the event. Email Mrs. Summey with questions about the event.
Bring the following documents to apply for or renew passport:
- Proof of citizenship: previous passport, an original certified birth certificate, naturalization certificate or certificate of citizenship
- Proof of identity: two forms of ID (driver’s license, military/student ID)
- (Optional) Copies of the Identity documents: In addition to the originals, you must provide front and back photocopies of the (1) citizenship ID and (2) identity IDs. (Copies can be made during Passport Day event.)
- Passport photo: Bring one standard size, color passport photo. If you’d like to have your photo taken at the event, be prepared to pay $10 for the photo.
- Payment: The amount of the application fee depends on whether you want a passport card in addition to a passport book ($110 for book only, $140 for book and card).
- Application fee ($110 or $140) must be paid by check or money order payable to “U.S. Department of State.”
- Execution fee of $35 can be paid by cash, check, money order, or credit card. Check or money order should be made payable to “Jefferson County Clerk.”
- New or renewal passports require approximately 6 weeks to process. Expedited processing is an additional $60 payable by check or money order to “U.S. Department of State.”
Application forms can be completed at the event, or you can bring a completed form with you. Passport forms are available at www.travel.state.gov.