Request for Proposals
We are accepting workshop proposals for the 2017 summit until January 16, 2017. We ask that all workshop proposals fit into at least one of the following categories.
- Skill-based tools and practices
- Appalachian community development
- Student development
*Registration will be waived for selected presenters or groups of presenters*
*Proposals selected for the 2017 summit will be announced on January 18, 2017*
We are utilizing the following guiding questions to plan the summit, including during review of all workshop proposals submitted.
- What best tools and practices exist to improve the coordination of a project, partnership, or event across multiple courses and/or disciplines?
- How do community partners and faculty design courses and work together as co-educators?
- What is the most effective way to assess the value of service-learning for community partners and students alike?
- What are student development opportunities that link service-learning and civic engagement withinstitutional civic missions? What are innovative ways to engage students in opportunities?