In addition to the common admission requirements for all C-N graduate programs, applicants to the MSN program must meet these minimum qualifications:
- A bachelor's degree from an NLN or CCNE accredited four-year program
- A minimum overall GPA of 3.00 for undergraduate degree
- Three (3) Recommendations: (on-line recommendation request form)
- Current unencumbered active registered nurse license in the state where practice will occur or compact state
- Letter of personal goals and aspirations
Applicants accepted to the program must complete the following with instruction and counsel provided by the Department of Nursing.
- Background Records Check submitted directly to Carson-Newman: no second-party background checks are accepted
- Drug screening prior to the first day of class in NURS 507
Clinical practicum is the required clinical education component of the program and works in tandem with the coursework to prepare students for their futures as FNPs.
MSN-FNP students are required to complete up to 690 clinical hours as part of the program. Students benefit from having clinical placement support work to secure quality placement sites and preceptors for most clinical rotations.
Prior to beginning your clinicals, all students are required to complete:
- Drug screening
- Background check
- Recommended vaccinations