Request Info!
Home Apply Now! Request Info!


Applicant Student Types


First-time students seeking freshman or dual enrollment admission should complete the Freshman Application for Admission.


Transfer students (including transient and post-baccalaureate transfers) should complete the Transfer Application for Admission.

Adult & Graduate

Students that have already completed an undergraduate degree or adults seeking to complete their undergraduate degree online (RN to BSN) (Organizational Leadership) should complete the Adult & Graduate Application for Admission. 


 Students who were previously enrolled at Carson-Newman but ceased to be enrolled can complete this application to apply for readmission. Former students who have attended any other college, university, or post-secondary institution after leaving Carson-Newman should complete the transfer application.


Students seeking to attend college in the United States on a Visa should complete the international application.

Dual Enrollment

Current high school students who wish to also be enrolled part-time at the university to simultaneously obtain college and high school credit before high school graduation should self-identify as dual enrollment students.

English Language Institute

Students whose first language is not English, but who wish to improve their English speaking and comprehension skills before enrolling in undergraduate and graduate courses should complete the ELI application.

Adult Freshman

Students who are 25 years of age or older and have either never attended college before or earned less than 12 college credit hours in any previous college enrollment should complete this application.


Students who wish to takes courses at Carson-Newman to transfer credit back out to their home institution during the academic year or for the summer session or students who wish to take courses as a non-degree seeking student should complete this application.


Students who have already earned a bachelor’s degree but wish to take course work at the undergraduate level (such as courses for teacher add-on licensure endorsements or the health professions program) that do not lead to a degree or academic credential should complete this application.

Rankings & Recognitions View All