Request Info!
Home Apply Now! Request Info!


Living Off Campus

 Off Campus Living

If you are looking to live off campus, you've come to the right place! Before living off campus, you must first complete an Off-Campus Request through the C-N Housing Portal. After logging in to the Portal, you will select the term for which you are applying, then select "Off-Campus Request." No change in residency should take place, nor should a lease or contract of any kind be signed until approval is granted from the Office of Residence Life. If you are seeking to live off campus for medical reasons including allergies and/or headaches, but do not meet the minimum requirements, your request will be processed through the Office of Disability Services (see bottom of page for more information regarding ADA housing requests).

To be considered for off campus housing, you must meet one of the following criteria:

  • You will be living with your parents or legal guardian within a 50 mile radius
  • You must be 22 years of age prior to the first day of the fall semester
  • You must be a senior with a minimum of 90 credit hours (this excludes dual enrollment and AP credits)
  • You are married or a parent

C-N Housing Portal

Appeal Process

If you do not meet any of the above listed criteria, you may still appeal this requirement. You must email with a letter of a appeal fully explaining why you need to be exempt from the housing policy. 

The Off-Campus Review Board, comprised of faculty and staff, will fully review your appeal within two weeks. A letter of decision will be emailed to your C-N email account as soon as a decision is reached. This appeal decision cannot be appealed.

ADA Housing Requests

The earlier students start the process, the better. Providing Disability Services with documentation about your specific needs allows them to assist us in providing exactly the right housing accommodation for you. Questions can be submitted to, or by calling the office at 865-471-3268.

Rankings & Recognitions View All