The First Year Experience initiative at Carson-Newman is designed to bring first year students together to create an enhanced and stimulating atmosphere on campus through the development of a service-learning culture. FYE works to develop the relationship between campus life and the classroom by blending the lines of where one ends and the other begins.
- An on-campus community that encourages overall responsibility in the Residence Hall.
- A strong academic support system that will challenge first year students take responsibility of their education.
- Out-of-class contact with faculty and staff including O-leaders and Eagle Guides.
- Involvement and leadership opportunities like Hall Council.
Campus Life Involvement
- Large scale events to keep first year students engaged socially on campus.
- Peer Mentoring in the classroom during the first semester.