The Recreational Services Department employs three students to serve as student directors for intramurals.The pay is $600 per semester or $1,200 per year. The average weekly commitment of time is between 2 and 6 hours.
One student director position and one social media director position are open to begin in August for the 2020-2021 academic year. Application deadline is 4:30pm, Wednesday, March 18. Interviews will be conducted in the afternoon of Thursday, March 19, 2020 from 4 - 6pm. The application may be completed below. Hard copy applications are also available at the MSAC control desk.
Register for an interview time at the following link:
Any student at Carson-Newman may apply for a intramural student director position. Previous experience playing, officiating, or administering sports is very helpful. Participation in intramurals at Carson-Newman is required to be seriously considered for the position.
- Participating in weekly IM staff meeting
- Administering 4-6 intramural events per semester
- Scheduling teams and officials for team sports on IMLeagues.com
- Assist in planing the annual intramural schedule of events
- Providing input into policy and protest decisions
- Assisting with the promotion of intramurals
- Assisting with assessment of intramural events
- Some administrative tasks
Student directors report to the Director of Recreational Services