Carson-Newman University has partnered with LiveSafe to provide Emergency Notifications to faculty, staff and students. This service is optional and only takes a few minutes of your time to sign up and we encourage every C-N employee and student to do so. This system will only be used for emergency notifications and other official notifications and will NOT be used for advertising. Some examples included Clery Act Required Emergency Notifications (Active Shooter, Predators on Campus, or Serious Criminal Offense) it will also be used for severer weather events such as thunderstorm warnings and tornado warnings. In the event of a campus emergency, a text message alert will be sent to your phone, an alert to the live safe application, and an e-mail to the address you selected when you signed up.
Please note that you may incur charges for text messaging, depending on the cell phone plan you have.
What is LiveSafe?
LiveSafe is an application used to empower students, faculty, and staff to contribute to campus safety by enabling quick, easy, and discreet two-way communications with Campus Police & Security Guards.
LiveSafe ensures that Carson-Newman University can and will
Foster a Safe Learning Environment
- A safe and secure learning environment enhances thought, innovation, and overall quality of campus life.
- Build trust and confidence between students, faculty and campus security officials.
- LiveSafe is a mobile bluelight in everyone’s pocket .
Student and Faculty Engagement
- Maintain ease of communications with students and faculty both on campus and traveling abroad.
- Leverage the eyes and ears of your community: students, staff, and faculty.
- Easy access to important security, medical, and campus resources.
The Department of Public Safety
- Utilize location sharing to quickly respond to student and faculty emergencies.
- Leverage RSS feeds to automatically re-broadcast emergency notifications through the LiveSafe platform as an EMERGENCY NOTIFICATION SYSTEM