Khunde, Nepal – Feb. 27 - Mar. 9 (Please note that this trip will be leaving BEFORE spring break begins)
This S.P.O.T.S. Missionary Team will travel to the country of Nepal. They will be serving in a variety of service sites and locations several miles from the base of Mt. Everest. Missionaries will be flying to Kathmandu and then transferring to a domestic flight to Lukla where they will meet Sherpa Guides at The Phakding Sunrise Lodge. English speaking Sherpas will assist the team in their *treks (hikes) to various locations. The team will be bringing dental supplies to the Namche Dental Clinic. They will then trek to Khunde and bring medical supplies to the local hospital. Finally, the team will trek to a third location which will be a short hike to Khumjung School in Khunde. Missionaries will serve the remaining days at the school playing with the kids, teaching, conducting service projects, and potentially sharing what Christ has done in their individual lives.
The area in which the team will be serving is primarily Buddhist. S.P.O.T.S. Missionaries will get to shine the light of Jesus Christ into the lives of the Napolese people in both directly practical but also in spiritual ways.
While in Nepal this team will be visiting the National Park and Conservation Museum and potentially the Khumjung Monastery. Accommodations for this team will be in lodges with attached bathrooms and hotel rooms at the beginning and end of the trip.
*Sherpa Guides will carry the majority of the weight in their packs; however, an individual who applies for this experience must be physically able and willing to trek (hike) with a daypack carrying their own food, water, a small amount of supplies, a potential oxygen bottle (for emergency use), and a fleece sleeping bag.
* To prepare before leaving, dependent upon time and weather, the team will have 1-3 team hikes to Mt. LeConte in the Great Smoky Mountains.
ESTIMATED All Inclusive Price: $2,700 (Price could fluctuate due to airfare) - This price is built on 10 participants. If we do not have 10 the price will increase $100.
Non-Refundable DEPOSIT- $150 DUE -- Dec. 24 (Checks may be made payable to: Campus Ministries-- Mailed to: Chad Morris CN Box 72056 Jefferson City, TN 37760)
Deposit #2- $900 DUE- Jan 18
Remaining Balance DUE-- February 15
- 1 International Flight (round trip)
- 1 In-country Flight (round trip)
- English Speaking Sherpa Guides
- Trek Lodging
- Two Hotel Rooms
- Supplies (Dental, Medical, Bedding, Washing Liquid Soap, Toilet Paper, Washing Bowls with warm water in the morning and before meals, hand towels, etc.)
- Boiled Drinking Water (To be refilled at night and at pit-stops throughout the day)
- Micro Fleeced Lined Sleeping Bag
- Oxygen Bottle (Emergency Only)
- National Park and Conservation Entrance Permit Fee
- TIM's Card Fee
- Airport transfers, Porter tips, & Welcome Garland
- Government Taxes
- International Trip Insurance
If you or your church would like to collect school, dental, and/or financial donations to purchase medical supplies we will take these with us to bless those we encounter.
(BEFORE you apply please read the Spring SPOTS Important Dates & Instructions)
**A passport will be required. If you are in need of a passport apply ASAP!