Advocacy & Service Ministry- March 4-9
Join us for a “different kind” of mission opportunity. Advocacy in Action is a program developed to help individuals live out their faith through advocacy issues in our nation’s capital.
This mission team will be experiencing hands-on service in the D.C. area, workshops, Congress and/or Senate hearings, meeting with our nation’s representatives, and joining like-minded individuals who are passionate about making a difference for our country and world.
Through this new and exciting opportunity this team will:
- Explore advocacy as a faithful expression of Christian mission.
- Learn how to be an effective advocate – locally, nationally, and globally
- Exercise our voice by interacting with members of Congress
- Experientially engage issues through various media, daily reflection and prayer, and discover how transformation occurs - this year’s focus will potentially be Human Trafficking, International Religious Liberty and Persecution, Environmentalism/Creation Care, and Criminal Justice System Reform
- Develop individual and congregational capacity for leadership around advocacy
- Interact with hands-on ministries among most-affected populations as well as serve with multiple mission and non-profits who are doing wonderful transformative work within the D.C. metro area.
A previous participant commented, “I am aware that my faith does call me to advocate for justice. I know that I am called to action. I have learned in faith we have a responsibility to push past the surface politics that is about partisanship and sound bites.” Read her reflection about her Advocacy in Action experience.
While in Washington D.C. missionaries will be staying at a local bed and breakfast and will get to tour some of our nation’s most famous monuments.
Non-Refundable Deposit ($100) and Application Deadline: February 3rd
All Inclusive Price: $425
Capacity: 8 slots have been given to C-N. We will join 40 others from various surrounding states.
(Before you apply please read the 2017 Spring S.P.O.T.S. Important Dates and Instructions)