Welcome to Carson-Newman University Military Affairs.
The Military Affairs Office is the central point that connects all student-veterans and veteran dependents with academic and personal support resources, both on and off campus. Our goal is to support your academic and personal endeavors from acceptance to graduation.
The primary entitlement programs administered by the Military Affairs Office:
- Montgomery GI Bill® - Active Duty (MGIB-AD)
- Educational Assistance Program [Chapter 30]
- Vocational Rehabilitation & Employment (VR&E) Program [Chapter 31]
- Montgomery GI Bill® - Selected Reserve (MGIB-SR) Educational Assistance Program [Chapter 1606]
- Post 9/11 GI Bill® - Harry W. Colmery Veterans Educational Assistance Act [Chapter 33]
- Survivors’ & Dependents’ Educational Assistance (DEA) Program [Chapter 35]
- Veterans Work-Study Allowance Program
- Tennessee Support, Training and Renewing Opportunity for National Guardsman (STRONG) Act of 2017
- Federal Tuition Assistance (FTA)
Carson-Newman University has been approved by the Veterans Administration to participate in the Yellow Ribbon Program. Veterans or dependents of veterans who qualify for the Post-9-11 GI bill must be 100% eligible to participate in the Yellow Ribbon Program. For information on current policies for the Yellow Ribbon Program, contact a University School Certifying Official or the Military Affairs office.
For additional information concerning Veterans Educational Benefits, please contact the Military Affairs Coordinator, Ms. Kelli Blanton at 865-471-3519 or firstname.lastname@example.org, who serves as the VA School Certifying Official.
Options for submitting documentation:
In person - Registrar Office (2nd floor of the Fite Building)
Faxed: 865-471-2013 (ATTN: Military Affairs)
Mail: 1646 Russell Avenue, C-N Box 71985, Jefferson City, TN 37760