PROGRAM DIRECTOR, PHYSICIAN ASSISTANT PROGRAM
Carson-Newman University invites applicants for a Program Director, Physician Assistant Program. The position is a full-time, 12-month, tenure track position to begin August 1, 2018.
Carson-Newman University is a leading Christian Liberal Arts institution, recently ranked Best Undergraduate Teaching in the South by U.S. News & World Report and received the President's Award for Community Service. Carson-Newman emphasizes academic excellence through innovative teaching, advising, mentoring of students, and service learning. The campus is located at the foothills of the Smoky Mountains and is surrounded by beautiful lakes. More information is available from the university website, www.cn.edu.
Candidates for the position must have:
• Earned master’s degree in an appropriate healthcare field is required; Earned relevant doctoral degree is preferred.
• Degrees must be awarded by an institution that is accredited by a USDE-recognized national or regional accrediting body.
• Evidence of scholarship (e.g., scholarship of application, practice or engagement, scholarship of teaching and learning).
• Credentialed physician assistant, licensed to practice.
• Minimum five years administrative experience including program planning and implementation, personnel management, evaluation and budgeting.
• Minimum of five years in the field of physician assistant, including documented clinical practice.
• At least two years of experience in a full-time academic appointment with teaching responsibilities at the post-secondary level.
• Leadership knowledge in the program field to cultivate a learner-centered environment and to foster excellence.
• Knowledge in technological support and delivery of program area and services.
• Knowledge and evidence of strong supervisory and management skills as applicable to specialized program area.
• Knowledge of state, federal and local laws/regulations relating to programs, governmental compliance and other regulatory standards such as Title IV, WASC, ARC-PA and other accreditation standards.
• Experience with MS Office.
• Knowledge of applicable databases and computer application systems to supply the most accurate information, reports and projections
Candidates for the position of Program Director, Physician Assistant Program will:
• The Program Director oversees the development, management and administration of the program, including planning, development, delivery, evaluation, budgeting, selection of faculty and staff, maintenance of accreditation, and commitment to strategies for professional development. Ensures program compliance according to regional as well as programmatic accreditation requirements.
• Responsible for the development and appropriate management of all experiential learning sites, relationships, policies and procedures.
• Participates in fiscal administration, curriculum development and coordination, determination of teaching assignments, supervision and evaluation of faculty, design and operation of program facilities, and selection/coordination of program specific external facilities and instruction.
• Provides professional leadership and support for teaching faculty; serves as a mentor and facilitator for faculty assigned; and enables an environment which fosters creativity, responsiveness, and self-responsibility.
Carson-Newman employs faculty and staff who are actively supportive, through a local church, of its aim as a university with a Christian commitment.
The rank and salary will be commensurate with educational preparation and experience. Group life and health insurance as well as a 401K retirement plan are available on a participating basis. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Only complete application packets will be considered. A complete application packet will include a letter of interest, a statement of Christian faith, a statement of teaching philosophy, references, and current vitae. Please send the packet either electronically (preferred) or by mail to:
Attn: Faculty Recruiting—Physician Assistant
Jefferson City, TN 37760
CARSON-NEWMAN UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER