Major Gifts Officer
Reports To: Assistant Vice President for Advancement.
FLSA Status: Full-time, Exempt.
Summary Description: The Major Gifts Officer is responsible for securing donor support and gifts valued at $30,000 and above. The Officer fosters new relationships on behalf of the University, identifying and cultivating future donors while stewarding existing donors.
• Analyze data to identify major gift prospects.
• Identify opportunities/events to host for prospect generation. Active participation in the execution of those events.
• Initiate relationships with existing donors as well as prospects.
• Promote the vision and mission of Carson-Newman University while also protecting the reputation of the University and department.
• Adhere to campaign strategic plan for fundraising.
• Keep intricate, up to date records of donor interactions and all pertinent information.
• Present, written or orally, proposals for donor consideration.
• Partner with University leaders/administration when necessary to foster relationships with donors and to ensure gift intentions come to fruition.
• Fundraiser is expected to be the foremost contributor to total dollars raised in comprehensive capital campaign.
• Fundraiser will carefully steward the University resources available to him/her, strategically planning all travel to make the best use of available operational funds.
• Officer will provide weekly progress reporting both written and in person to Assistant Vice President for Advancement.
Education: Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
Experience: A minimum five years of fundraising experience in higher education or similar setting. Capital campaign experience preferred.
Required Skills: Excellent communication skills, written and oral. Organized and strategic thinker. MS Office skills required. Working knowledge of Raiser’s Edge preferred.
Physical Demands: This position requires the ability to drive or fly for extended periods of time.
General Information: This description is indicative of the general nature of the job and is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. It is the responsibility of the supervisor for this position to formally outline in writing any performance expectations.
Employee Expectations: The university expects all employees to conduct themselves in a manner that is appropriate for a Christian institution and to be worthy examples in moral conduct.
Only complete application packets will be considered. A complete application packet will include a letter of interest, three professional references, a statement of Christian faith, and current vitae. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
CARSON-NEWMAN UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER