Carson-Newman University is a leading Christian Liberal Arts institution, recently ranked Best
Undergraduate Teaching in the South by U.S. News & World Report and received the President's
Award for Community Service. Carson-Newman emphasizes academic excellence through
innovative teaching, advising, mentoring of students, and service learning. The campus is located
at the foothills of the Smoky Mountains and is surrounded by beautiful lakes. More information
is available from the university website, www.cn.edu.
The homecoming assistant will provide part-time support to the Director in the coordination and execution of homecoming related events and activities. Part-time, seasonal position.
• Handle administrative tasks, including, but not limited to answering calls and emails, sending correspondence in relation to events and processing event registrations and payments.
• Assist with event execution and logistics, including coordinating registration and check-in on Homecoming Day.
• Provide customer service to alumni and other constituencies.
• Data entry in Raiser’s Edge as related to homecoming preparations. • Provide additional program and office support as needed.
Education: Minimum of High School Diploma
Experience: 1-3 years in an office environment, with data entry and event experience preferred.
• Candidate must be available to work August-November, and available for extended time during homecoming week/weekend.
• Excellent customer service skills and dynamic personality
• Able to organize work and projects from start to finish and ability to work without direct supervision
• Skilled in use of Microsoft Office.
• Experience in Raiser’s Edge and knowledge of social networks a plus.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Light lifting
• Standing during events
• Walking during events
General Information: This description is designed to describe the general nature of the job and is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and duties. It is the responsibility of the supervisor for this position to formally outline in writing any performance expectations including specific duties for which the employee assigned to this position will be held accountable in terms of performance evaluation.
Employee Expectations: The University expects all employees to conduct themselves in a manner that is appropriate for a Christian institution and to be worthy examples in moral conduct and behavior for the students of the University and fellow employees.
Only complete application packets will be considered. A complete application packet will include a letter of interest, references, and resume. Please send the packet electronically to:
Human Resources, Attn: Staff Recruiting
Jefferson City, TN 37760
CARSON-NEWMAN UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER