HELP DESK SUPERVISOR
Department: Information Technology Services.
Reports To: Network and Systems Administrator.
FLSA Status: Hourly.
Time Requirements: Normal operating hours.
Summary Description: Monitors and coordinates service requests for Information Technology Services. Coordinates Information Technology student workers. Provides telephone and remote computer support and performs data entry and administrative support functions for the department.
Functional Description: Requirements: Previous experience as administrative assistant, experience with Windows and Microsoft Office, experience and/or training in basic PC support. This position is responsible for the following items:
• Be the official staff presence in Information Technology welcoming visitors (students, faculty, staff, and vendors), answering the phone and taking messages
• Plan for and implement Help Desk after hours of operation on a semester by semester basis to account for needs of online, on-campus, and off-campus students.
• Staff and manage federal work-study students, graduate assistants and student interns
• Provide basic account maintenance for network, Edvance360, email, and Ellucian access.
• Provide basic server administration for EagleNet (SharePoint) and C-N Online/Edvance360
• Answer telephone requests for help; suggest solutions by phone or remotely and escalate to the appropriate technical tiered personnel in the department
• Monitor all helpdesk requests for both Enterprise Systems and Network Support Services and track responsiveness of technicians in handling requests in a timely manner; communicate with users as needed on the status of their issues
• Performs complex administrative duties, involving contact with and exposure to highly confidential materials and information • Keep records of work and provide reports when asked.
• Conducts research on assigned special projects; identifies solutions and advises Department Director on helpdesk-related issues.
• Perform basic bookkeeping, record and submit purchase orders and invoices for payment with approval of the director • Update and input Ellucian information as needed.
• Perform basic report building and training with and for Entrinsik Informer.
• Other tasks as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Work-study students, graduate assistants and student interns.
Education: Associates degree required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Excellent computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office (especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Strong skills regarding attention to detail, initiative, critical self-reflection that leads to continuous improvement.
• Strong customer service, written and verbal (English) communication, interpersonal, and organization skills.
• The ability to accurately diagnose problems and outline possible solutions.
• Demonstrated knowledge of Windows and Macintosh operating systems and Microsoft Office applications and some knowledge of hardware or software installation, diagnostics, configuration procedures and techniques.
• Self-directed and innovative with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and work within an organization.
• Solid working knowledge of office processes and business policy necessary.
• Knowledge of additional operations systems and software.
• Database management / programming.
• Ellucian experience is preferable.
• Entrinsik Informer Report Writer experience preferable.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to hear and speak to employees/management and outside business associates on the phone and in person.
• Ability to sit for long hours at a time.
• Ability to see the letters and numbers on a personal computer screen and on memorandum, reports and other documents (near vision).
• Requires moderate right and left hand coordination for the use of the personal computer.
• Must maintain a professional image/demeanor.
General Information: This description is designed to describe the general nature of the job and is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and duties. It is the responsibility of the supervisor for this position to formally outline in writing any performance expectations including specific duties for which the employee assigned to this position will be held accountable in terms of performance evaluation.
Employee Expectations: The University expects all employees to conduct themselves in a manner that is appropriate for a Christian institution and to be worthy examples in moral conduct and behavior for the students of the University and fellow employees.
Only complete application packets will be considered. A complete application packet will include a letter of interest, references, and resume. Please, send the packet electronically to:
Human Resources, Attn: Staff Recruiting
Jefferson City, TN 37760
CARSON-NEWMAN UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER