FIRST YEAR SERVICES COORDINATOR
Carson Newman is seeking a motivated, creative, and organized individual to serve as the First Year Services Coordinator. The successful candidate will coordinate a portion of the First Year Experience, Student mentoring program(Eagle Guides), First Generation programming as well as serve as a coordinator for the Summer Bridge recruitment program.
• Assist in planning the co-curricular component of the Bridge program in collaboration with the Director of First Year Experience and ASE Academic Coordinator
• Assist Director of First Year Experience and Conference Services in the coordination of a First Generation program
• Coordinate Eagle Guides for programming, collaboration, and development towards future student service leaders
• Hire, train, and supervise a complete Bridge student staff with a focus on student development
• Oversee the coordination of First Generation Scholars and Facutly/Staff First Gen Advisors
• Assist the FYCS Director and Admission department in the selection of Bridge Candidates
• Teach (1) section of L.A. 101 per semester
• Maintain and update website in reference to First Year Services and Bridge program
• Assist with B.O.L.D. programming for campus wide use.
• Develop and coordinate programs aimed at aiding first year students including but not limited to social, spiritual, e-newsletter and engagement.
• Other duties as assigned by the Director of First Year Experience and Conference Services, particularly as related to First Year Services
Supervisory Responsibilities: Student Staff Only
Education: Bachelors required. Masters in higher education, counseling, or related field preferred.
Experience: Experience creating strategic plans, budget oversight, and team leadership. Classroom experience with the ability to create course curriculum. Proven record of strong collaboration skills and the ability to identify needs and create programs to fill them.
• Ability to navigate CN-Connect, Datatel, Pharos360, and other systems
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Team driven
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
General Information and Employee Expectations: The University expects all employees to conduct themselves in a manner that is appropriate for a Christian institution and to be worthy examples in moral conduct and behavior for the students of the University and fellow employees.
Only complete application packets will be considered. A complete application packet will include a letter of interest, references, and resume. Please send the packet electronically to:
Human Resources, Attn: Staff Recruiting
Jefferson City, TN 37760
CARSON-NEWMAN UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER