FINANCIAL AID REPRESENTATIVE
Department: Financial Aid.
Reports To: Executive Director of Financial Aid.
FLSA Status: Non-exempt.
Time Requirements: 40 Hours per week.
Summary Description: The Financial Aid Representative is an important role in our recruitment and retention of students in enrollment management. To contribute to our goals, the Financial Aid Representative must be able to learn complex rules and policies; apply rules and policies during awarding and auditing of aid; and communicate rules and policies to students, parents, and other constituents.The Financial Aid Representative is primarily responsible for counseling students and families, awarding and auditing financial aid, learning other student services areas to provide excellent customer service, and managing aid projects effectively.
• Office reception and communication for enrollment management.
• Counsel students, parents, and other constituents individually consistent with policies and procedures, using excellent soft skills.
• Attend enrollment events and recruiting events.
• Present financial aid information at events.
• Award financial aid programs consistent with policies and procedures.
• Reconcile financial aid programs consistent with policies and procedures.
• Process communications consistent with policies and procedures.
• Process workflows consistent with policies and procedures.
• Manage assigned projects effectively.
• Manage assigned aid programs effectively.
• Attend training events.
• Cross-train with other student services areas.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None.
Education and Experience: Bachelor’s Degree in Counseling, Business, or related field or experience in financial aid in lieu of degree. Office experience required. Background of higher education administration is preferred. Experience working with Ellucian Colleague software system, and Softdocs preferred.
• Self-motivated, results-oriented, and team player.
• Excellent interpersonal skills; curiosity, empathy, and gratitude.
• Must be comfortable to meet with students and parents and communicate effectively.
• Must be comfortable to speak in front of groups, and communicate effectively.
• Organized and detail oriented.
• Ability to accept change rapidly.
• Must maintain highest standards of confidentiality.
• Must have excellent computer skills to include word, excel, and outlook, and ability to learn additional software systems used in financial aid administration.
• Must demonstrate grammatically correct and concise written and oral communication skills.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Must be able to work on a computer in front of two monitors majority of the day.
• Must be able to answer phones, and communicate electronically and verbally.
• Able to deal with stress.
• Able to work in an area where noise, and distractions may occur.
• Able to travel to financial aid events and work limited weekends, as requested.
• Able to lift 25 lbs., such as boxes of office materials.
General Information: This description is designed to describe the general nature of the job and is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and duties. It is the responsibility of the supervisor for this position to formally outline in writing any performance expectations including specific duties for which the employee assigned to this position will be held accountable in terms of performance evaluation.
Employee Expectations: The University expects all employees to conduct themselves in a manner that is appropriate for a Christian institution and to be worthy examples in moral conduct and behavior for the students of the University and fellow employees.
Only complete application packets will be considered. A complete application packet will include a letter of interest, three professional references, and resume. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Human Resources, Attn: Staff Recruiting
Jefferson City, TN 37760
CARSON-NEWMAN UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER