Associate Director of Marketing
Department: Marketing & Communications.
Reports To: Director of Marketing & Communications.
FLSA Status: Exempt.
Time Requirements: 40 hours per week.
Summary Description: The Associate Director of Marketing is a person of highly creative mind who constantly evaluates Carson-Newman's position in the market place while clearly articulating its mission of providing a Christ-centered education. This position works as part of an exciting, strategically focused and creative team responsible for a wide range of internal and external marketing and communications initiatives. This position relies on significant teamwork and collaboration and requires a professional with strong organizational skills and motivation.
• Responsible for creating and implementing strategies that facilitate increased brand awareness.
• Manage the development and implementation of a marketing plan designed to promote the vision, mission, enrollment goals, and achievements of the University.
• Assist in reviewing and editing existing promotional materials for marketing effectiveness and adherence to brand guidelines.
• Assist in creating, writing and editing content for print and social media platforms in promoting the University.
• Help manage website content to ensure consistency in messaging and branding.
• Collaborate with President's Office, Admissions and Advancement teams to market the University to diverse audiences.
• Work with university departments and offices involving marketing requests.
• Assist in media buys including print, digital, radio, etc.
• Help in the creation and presentation of University booth/displays at designated events when needed.
• Stay informed and follow successful marketing trends for the University to explore.
• Serve on university committees as needed.
• Work closely with Director of Marketing & Communications on projects to ensure consistent branding in university marketing efforts.
• Willing to work occasional evenings and weekends.
• Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None.
Education: Minimum of a BA or BS in marketing or communications.
Experience: Minimum of five years of experience in marketing and/or communications fields preferred.
• Ability to independently manage a variety of projects while ensuring appropriate tracking, quality control, follow-up and multiple deadlines are met.
• Strong time management.
• Ability to prioritize and plan work activities; adapt to changing conditions and develop strategies to achieve organizational goals.
• Need to be able to articulate and present Carson-Newman University's Christian mission to many constituencies.
• Possess top level interpersonal, presentation and facilitation skills.
• Strong AP-style writing skills; strong copywriting, editing and proofreading skills.
• Good interpersonal skills – ability to interact with a positive spirit with Marketing & Communications team.
• Ability to collaborate and take direction on projects and accept conceptual changes that serve the needs of the University.
• Ability to develop positive working relationships.
• Experience with Macintosh OS X is preferred.
Employee Expectations: The University expects all employees to conduct themselves in a manner that is appropriate for a Christian institution and to be worthy examples in moral conduct and behavior for the students of the University and fellow employees.
Only complete application packets will be considered. A complete application packet will include a letter of interest, three professional references, a statement of Christian faith, and current vitae. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
CARSON-NEWMAN UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER