Assistant/Associate Professor of Nursing - DNP Program
Carson-Newman University is a leading Christian Liberal Arts institution, recently ranked Best Undergraduate Teaching in the South by U.S. News & World Report and received the President's Award for Community Service. Carson-Newman emphasizes academic excellence through innovative teaching, advising, mentoring of students, and service learning. The campus is located at the foothills of the Smoky Mountains and is surrounded by beautiful lakes. More information is available from the university website, www.cn.edu.
Department: Department of Nursing.
Reports To: Chair - Department of Nursing and Dean - School of Natural, Applied, and Health Sciences.
FLSA Status: Exempt (Salaried).
Time Requirements: Full-time. Coursework delivered online via Carson-Newman LMS. Periodic campus visits required.
Come join a team of faculty who are excited about transforming healthcare by developing nurse leaders to be clinically excellent, socially conscious, and service oriented!
Our ideal teammate will share in our passion, be committed to our mission, and:
· Demonstrate competence in all facets of teaching to which assigned.
· Develop course content that is current, evidence-based, and compatible with professional nursing standards and curriculum policies.
· Serve as a mentor and role model for students.
· Exhibit commitment to continued professional engagement and scholarship.
· Doctoral degree in Nursing or related field.
· Possess, or be eligible to obtain, Registered Nurse licensure in the State of Tennessee prior to employment (Advanced Practice Registered Nurse licensure preferred).
· Minimum of two years of clinical experience.
· All interested applicants meeting the minimum requirements are invited and highly encouraged to apply; however, priority will be given to applicants with any of the following areas of expertise:
- Healthcare economics and resource management.
- Quality improvement and safety analysis.
- Healthcare policy and advocacy.
- Healthcare transformation through technology/informatics.
Employee Expectations: The University expects all employees to conduct themselves in a manner that is appropriate for a Christian institution and to be worthy examples in moral conduct and behavior for the students at the University and fellow employees.
The rank and salary will be commensurate with educational preparation and experience. Group life and health insurance as well as a 401K retirement plan are available on a participating basis.
Only complete application packets will be considered. A complete application packet will include a letter of interest, a statement of Christian faith, a statement of teaching philosophy, references, and current vitae. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
Human Resources, Attn: Faculty Recruiting
Jefferson City, TN 37760
CARSON-NEWMAN UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER