ASSISTANT TO THE DIRECTOR OF THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE INSTITUTE
Department: English Language Institute.
Reports to: Director of the English Language Institute.
Hours: 20 hours per week.
Summary Description: The Assistant to the Director of the English Language Institute will participate in clerical work and the organization and oversight of special events in the ELI.
• Use of Microsoft Office.
• Coordination of all aspects of Summer & Winter two-week culture camps for international partners.
• Enlistment of Conversation Partners for ELI Students.
• Filing of academic records.
• Completion of requests for purchase for ELI.
• Maintenance of inventories of equipment and teaching resources.
• Maintenance of driving qualifications for ELI drivers.
(minimum age 21, name on list of drivers approved to drive campus vehicles, no traffic violations).
• Maintenance of ELI Facebook page.
• Proctoring of placement and proficiency exams.
• Organization and coordination of ELI parties and field trips.
• Coordination and purchase of office supplies and copier maintenance.
• Communication with a host of offices at C-N regarding multiple ELI issues.
• Supervision of Student Worker.
Education: Associate degree preferred
Experience: Administrative work experience in an office setting desired
Ability to work with people of many nationalities
Patience with linguistic and cultural differences
Basic knowledge of computer operation
Working knowledge of MS Office
Ability to lift 25 pounds on occasion
Ability to operate college van with safety and competence when necessary
To fulfill the requirements as noted under the functional description in an efficient
and accurate manner.
Employee Expectations: The University expects all employees to conduct themselves in a manner that is appropriate for a Christian institution and to be worthy examples in moral conduct and behavior for the students of the University and fellow employees.
Only complete application packets will be considered. A complete application packet will include a letter of interest, references, and resume. Please, send the packet electronically to:
Human Resources, Attn: Staff Recruiting
Jefferson City, TN 37760
CARSON-NEWMAN UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER