Assistant Professor of Biology
Carson-Newman University is a leading Christian Liberal Arts institution, recently ranked Best Undergraduate Teaching in the South by U.S. News & World Report and received the President's Award for Community Service. Carson-Newman emphasizes academic excellence through innovative teaching, advising, mentoring of students, and service learning. The campus is located at the foothills of the Smoky Mountains and is surrounded by beautiful lakes. More information is available from the university website, www.cn.edu.
The biology department at C-NU has extensive association with the Carson-Newman Health Professions Advisory Committee (C-N HPAC). In such, we maintain a highly reputable system of study in Anatomy and Physiology. The Senior Anatomists faculty position should be held by a faculty with extensive training (Ph.D.) in the fields of both anatomy and physiology. The courses taught by the senior anatomist are integral to the experience of our health professions students. Thus, the senior anatomist is an active member of the C-N HPAC and possibly serve in a leadership role with the committee. The expectations for this job are:
1. An extensive background in Anatomy and Physiology with experience in both utilization and maintenance of a cadaveric facility.
2. Course load will mainly cover, but is not limited to Human Biology, Anatomy and Physiology, Mammalian Physiology (senior level physiology), and Gross Anatomy.
3. Effectively facilitate both lecture and lab classes using both in person and online techniques (experience with the LMS Canvas is preferred).
4. Be amenable to teaching classes at all levels (100 to 400).
5. Perform academic advising duties.
6. Contribute to further development and direction of the biology department.
7. Serve on the C-N HPAC.
8. Serve on one of the various C-NU campus committees as needed.
9. Research is not a requirement, but you may be called on to supervise senior thesis students for the C-N Honor’s Program.
The rank and salary will be commensurate with educational preparation and experience. Group life and health insurance as well as a 401K retirement plan are available on a participating basis. Only complete application packets will be considered. A complete application packet will include a letter of interest, a statement of Christian faith, a statement of teaching philosophy, three professional references, and current vitae. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
Human Resources, Attn: Faculty Recruiting
Jefferson City, TN 37760
CARSON-NEWMAN UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER