ADULT & GRADUATE ADMISSIONS REPRESENTATIVE
Reports To: Dean of Adult and Graduate Studies.
FLSA Status: Exempt (salaried).
Time Requirements: The requirements and responsibilities of this position can be normally completed in 40 hours per week with occasional overtime needed for special recruiting events.
Summary Description: The primary responsibility of the admissions representative is to recruit undergraduate (adult learner) and graduate students to Carson-Newman University.
Functional Description: In fulfilling the duties of the position, the Admissions Representative is expected to:
• Coordinate, plan, and participate in activities to introduce prospective students to Carson-Newman.
• Serve as liaison between prospective students and academic program directors and respective academic and support services departments to assist with admissions and financial aid.
• Establish and meet yearly recruitment goals and weekly contact goals.
• Develop a personal style of communication with prospective students including notes, newsletters, etc. and regularly correspond with prospects via email, phone, etc. as well as in person meetings on campus or out in the community.
• Collect and evaluate application documents for admission and present application documents for admission review
• Collect and interpret relevant data to help make appropriate decisions regarding recruitment of prospective students.
• Coordinate with academic program directors to maintain up-to-date program information
• Assist the Dean with institutional reporting as needed.
• Assist the Dean with special projects including, but not limited to,: outreach to community partners, employers, and colleges, special marketing or recruitment events, policies and procedures, etc.
• Other related duties as assigned by the Dean.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Will supervise student workers as assigned.
Education: Minimum baccalaureate degree required from a regionally accredited institution.
Experience: Entry-level, prior recruiting or sales experience preferred.
Required Skills: Punctuality, organization, positive customer service, clear and succinct oral and written communication, high performance standard of achievement, data entry, self-motivated, and self-controlled. Proficient in the use of appropriate technology (Colleague, Microsoft Office including Word, Outlook, and Excel, the University CRM, the University digital documents solution, etc.)
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Must be able to stand for prolonged periods of time (college fairs, graduate ceremonies, events, etc.)
• Must be able to lift 25lbs. (materials for college fairs, etc.)
Employee Expectations: The University expects all employees to conduct themselves in a manner that is appropriate for a Christian institution and to be worthy examples in moral conduct and behavior for the students of the University and fellow employees.
Only complete application packets will be considered. A complete application packet will include a letter of interest, references, and resume. Please, send the packet electronically to:
Human Resources, Attn: Staff Recruiting
Jefferson City, TN 37760
CARSON-NEWMAN UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER