ADMISSIONS TELECOUNSELOR & PROCESSOR
Department: Office of Undergraduate Admissions.
Reports to: Director of Freshmen Admissions.
FLSA Status: Full-time, 12-months; hourly.
Time Requirements: Approximately 30 hours per week.
Summary Description: Assists the freshmen Admissions recruitment team with application document processing, outbound calls to prospective students, and other customer service and administrative tasks that aim to assist students in the college search and enrollment processes.
• Process application documents.
• Make assigned outbound calls to prospective students.
• Meet with and assist visiting prospective students and their families.
• Receive and process calls to the admissions office mainline.
• Receive and respond to emails to the general admissions office email account.
• Assist with recruitment events on and off campus as necessary.
• Manage office text account.
• Collaborate with the campus business office to ensure admissions office invoices are paid and organized.
• Other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Education: Bachelor’s degree preferred; Associate Degree required.
• Excellent oral and interpersonal communication skills.
• Strong writing skills.
• Collaborative work style.
• Strong Organizational skills.
• Technically proficient.
• Team spiritedness.
• Ability to share the university’s missions candidly, passionately, and genuinely.
• Ability to navigate campus systems.
• Experience in outbound calling.
• Understanding of traditional undergraduate admissions cycle and process.
• Basic understanding of federal and/or state financial aid.
Physical Demands: Due to the requirement to assist with recruitment events on and off campus, Admissions team members should be able to lift and move 20+ pounds as needed.
Employee Expectations: The University expects all employees to conduct themselves in a manner that is appropriate for a Christian institution and to be worthy examples in moral conduct and behavior for the students of the University and fellow employees.
Only complete application packets will be considered. A complete application packet will include a letter of interest, three professional references, and resume. Please, send the packet electronically to:
Human Resources, Attn: Staff Recruiting
Jefferson City, TN 37760
CARSON-NEWMAN UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER