Department: Office of Undergraduate Admissions.
Reports to: Associate Director of Admissions.
FLSA Status: Full-time, 12-months; exempt, but salaried.
Time Requirements: 40+ hours per week in addition to nights and weekends as needed.
Summary Description: Recruit students in a designated geographic territory to meet both an individual territory goal and an overall incoming freshmen enrollment goal.
• Extensive fall and limited spring travel to assigned college fairs within recruitment territory.
• Build relationships with and serve as the university’s liaison to students in assigned recruitment territory.
• Build and maintain relationships with high school guidance counselors and college access professionals in regional territory as assigned.
• Review application files for admission based on university admission policies.
• Communicate with students to progress their admission process face-to-face or via phone, email, social media, and text message.
• Meet with prospective students and their families for private visits and campus tours.
• Assist with campus events and all requirement efforts.
• Other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None.
Education: Bachelor’s degree required.
• Excellent oral and interpersonal communication skills..
• Strong writing skills.
• Collaborative work style.
• Technical competencies.
• Team spiritedness.
• Ability to share the university’s mission candidly, passionately, and genuinely.
• Ability to navigate campus systems.
• Understanding of traditional undergraduate admissions cycle and process.
• Basic understanding of federal and/or state financial aid.
Physical demands: Due to the travel requirements, college fair attendance, and event work in this position, Admissions Representatives should be able to lift and move 20+ pounds as needed.
Only complete application packets will be considered. A complete application packet will include a letter of interest, references, and resume. Please, send the packet electronically to:
Human Resources, Attn: Staff Recruiting
Jefferson City, TN 37760
CARSON-NEWMAN UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER