Administrative Assistant to the Vice President for University Relations
Department: University Relations.
Reports To: Vice President for University Relations.
FLSA Status: Full-time, Exempt.
Summary Description: The Administrative Assistant reports to the Vice President for University Relations and provides administrative support to the Advancement department.
• Create a warm and inviting atmosphere in Advancement both in demeanor and in maintenance of comfortable, organized common areas of the office suite.
• Screening of incoming telephone calls, voicemail, and distribution of office mail.
• Scheduling appointments and meetings for Assistant VP and VP.
• Preparing correspondence, administrative memoranda, meeting minutes and reports as requested.
• Maintaining an effective electronic and paper filing system and other organizational systems as required.
• Ordering and inventory of promotional items and other supplies for the department.
• Making travel arrangements for the Vice President as requested.
• Entering actions and notes into Raiser’s Edge.
• Filing of purchase order paperwork and budget records for each Advancement account number. Efficient filing system maintenance for PO’s.
• Maintain a working office calendar reflecting upcoming events as well as staff PTO.
• Campus Calendar Committee member- making requests of campus calendar administrator to place Advancement events on campus master calendar.
• Contributing member of commencement planning committee.
• Responsible for annual endowment report audit.
• Campus liaison to Women of Vision: completing PO requests, making marketing requests, and facilitating WOV activities as needed. Attend leadership council meetings and special events.
• Staff advisor to Young Women of Promise campus organization. Advising and recruitment of YWOP members as per Handbook. Attending YWOP meetings.
• Assist in weekly Raiser’s Edge gift entry.
• Serve as member of the Eagle Care Team, providing customer service to the campus community.
• Provides administrative support to Advancement office staff.
• Coordinate with the President’s Office to produce the annual university Christmas card list.
• Nights and weekends occasionally required.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Supervision of work study students and/or graduate assistants as requested.
Education: High School diploma required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Experience: Minimum 2 years of experience working in higher education setting.
Required Skills: Excellent written and oral communication. Superior organizational skills. Proficient in Microsoft Office. Basic working knowledge of Raiser’s Edge and/or NXT.
Physical Demands: Extended amounts of time sitting at a computer. Periodically working events that require standing for extended periods of time as well as lifting items in excess of 30 pounds. Reasonable accommodations will be made to assist individuals with disabilities in performance of these duties.
General Information: This description is designed to describe the general nature of the job and is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, and duties. It is the responsibility of the supervisor for this position to formally outline in writing any performance expectations.
Employee Expectations: All employees are expected to conduct themselves in a manner appropriate for a Christian institution whether on or off duty.
Only complete application packets will be considered. A complete application packet will include a letter of interest, three professional references, a statement of Christian faith, and current vitae. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
Human Resources, Attn: Staff Recruiting
Jefferson City, TN 37760
CARSON-NEWMAN UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER