ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT FOR ATHLETICS / INSURANCE COORDINATOR
Reports To: Matthew Pope, Vice President for Athletics.
FLSA Status: Non-exempt (hourly).
Time Requirements: The requirements and responsibilities of this position can be normally completed in 35 hours/week (see Functional Description).
Summary Description: The primary responsibility of the Administrative Assistant is to assist the Senior Woman Administrator, Athletic Training, various coaches as assigned and to maintain all insurance files and records while managing injured student-athlete insurance claims and related case management and follow-up.
• Adhere to the highest standards of academic integrity and work in compliance with all University, NCAA, South Atlantic Conference rules and regulations.
• Assist the Senior Woman Administrator, Director of Sports Medicine and various coaches with NCAA, Conference or Institutional reporting/ document preparation as needed.
• Coordinate with Head and Assistant Coaches of various sport programs to maintain up-to-date program information.
• Oversee Student Workers & graduate Assistants.
• Submit and reconcile expense reports, PO’s and travel advances.
• Routing phone calls, mail and other messages for athletic staff.
• Maintain a friendly reception area for students and visitors.
• Schedule and provide support for events and functions held in Holt Fieldhouse.
• Maintain calendar for Holt Fieldhouse including special events, games and team practice.
• Keep a calendar and have coaches sign up to be game representatives at home ballgames.
• Make a list of CLW's and have the coaches sign up to be representatives.
• Do work orders for Holt and Facilities.
• Process all bills for student athletes who have had an athletic related injury.
• Follow up on bills that do not get paid in a timely manner.
• Maintain a record of all bills that have been filed.
• Schedule Locker rooms for visiting teams and keep housekeeping informed of the locker room schedule.
• Send out game contracts for coaches.
• Handle sensitive information in a confidential manner; maintaining HIPPA guidelines.
• General office support to include but not limited to copy machine maintenance; ordering supplies/paper/shipping items via Fed-X; SAC- passes, signage orders, dues, etc.
• Other related duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Will supervise student workers and Graduate Assistants as assigned
Education: Bachelor's degree required.
Education: Master's degree preferred.
Experience: Experience may substitute for some of the above education. Experience with insurance claims management is preferred.
Required Skills: Punctuality, organization, positive customer service, clear and succinct oral and written communication, high performance standard of achievement, data entry, self-motivated, and self-controlled. Proficient in the use of appropriate technology (Microsoft Office including Word, Outlook, and Excel, etc.). Significant skill in the use of computer software and social media platforms. An understanding of NCAA rules and regulations and effective communication and organizational skills. Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations. Training available for otherwise qualified candidate.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Must be able to stand for prolonged periods of time (home events, ceremonies, special events, etc.)
• Must be able to lift 25lbs. (materials, etc.)
General Information: The coordinator will be expected to meet deadlines, be reliable, punctual, and present herself/himself in a professional, courteous manner. This description is designed to describe the general nature of the job and is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and duties. It is the responsibility of the supervisor for this position to formally outline any performance expectations including specific duties for which the employee assigned to this position will be held accountable in terms of performance evaluation.
Employee Expectations: The University expects all employees to conduct themselves in a manner
that is appropriate for a Christian institution and to be worthy examples in moral conduct and behavior for the students of the University and fellow employees.
Only complete application packets will be considered. A complete application packet will include a letter of interest, references, and resume. Please, send the packet electronically to:
Human Resources, Attn: Staff Recruiting
Jefferson City, TN 37760
CARSON-NEWMAN UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER