Pathways of Service
In keeping with C-N’s long-held ideals of Truth, Beauty and Goodness, Women of Vision leaders have established three pathways of support.
These pathways are avenues through which you may choose to direct gifts of time, energy or financial support. As you prayerfully consider how you may help, please reflect on these areas and how they fit with your interests.
Truth – Academic and spiritual growth initiatives
Those motivated by the prospect of helping students afford Christian higher education in general, or programs that blend faith and learning in particular, may to wish support the Truth pathway.
Examples of projects within the Truth pathway include:
- Scholarships to support a student in majors like Nursing, Missions, Music or Ministry
- Specific assistance for dependents of missionaries or ministers
- Onetime gifts that provide spiritual formation tools and worship opportunities
Beauty – Student environs, including residence halls
While form follows function, the look and feel of campus are significant factors in serving current students, as well as being critical to the areas of recruitment and retention. The Beauty pathway will edify student common areas, lounges and even gardens where students enjoy classes and studying outside.
Examples of projects within the Beauty pathway include:
- New furnishings for student lounges and parlors
- Renovating study carrels and prayer rooms campus beautification initiatives, including gardens and inspirational art
Goodness – Christian service and ministry opportunities
The ability to participate in Kingdom work, including inner-city missions, disaster relief efforts and Campus Ministry-sponsored trips, depends on a student’s access to extra resources. Supporters who find such service important to spiritual development may elect to support the Goodness pathway.
Examples of projects within the Goodness pathway include:
- Supporting SPOTS, through which students use spring and fall breaks for missions
- Helping to endow the Community, Life and Worship program
- Medical missions trips to Haiti, the Dominican Republic and Belize
Like the wideness that is in God’s mercy, Women of Vision hopes to encourage partners to seek ways to support Christian education and service at Carson-Newman. Each contribution will make a significant difference for students in Carson-Newman’s living and learning environment.
For more information on how you can help, contact Katie Ragan at (865)-471-3245 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.