Recent Graduate Membership (Complimentary Blue Level benefits)
We recognize that recent graduates can face financial challenges as they begin their careers. In order to stay connected with our newest alumni members we would like to extend a complimentary invitation to the Orange & Blue Society for five years post-graduation to help and encourage our recent grads to stay connected.
More on the Legacy Scholarships
The Legacy Scholarship was established to encourage the dependents of Carson-Newman University alumni to attend their parents’ or grandparents’ alma mater and perpetuate the legacy of Carson-Newman. This program was designed to recognize the commitment and support of alumni in choosing to send their loved ones to C-N. The direct dependents of all alumni will be eligible to receive the $1,000 Legacy Scholarship. An additional (5) $1,000 scholarships will be awarded to new undergraduate students who are a descendant of alumni who are current donors to C-N as well as members of the Orange & Blue Society at the Orange level.
Legacy Scholarship FAQs
• Who awards the Alumni Legacy Scholarship? The Alumni Legacy Scholarships are awarded by the C-N Office of Financial Aid.
• Who is eligible for the Alumni Legacy Scholarship? Awards are given to incoming new students. The student must be a direct dependent of an alum (undergraduate, graduate, PhD). After the first year at C-N, the University will renew scholarships annually, up to a maximum of six successive fall and spring semesters, for recipients who meet the criteria set by the Office of Financial Aid.
• Who awards the Orange & Blue Society Legacy Scholarship? The Orange & Blue Legacy Scholarship recipients are recommended by the C-N Office of Advancement and are awarded by the C-N Office of Financial Aid.
• Who is eligible for the Orange & Blue Society Legacy Scholarship? Awards are given to new undergraduate students. The student must be a descendant of a C-N alum (undergraduate, graduate, PhD) who is a current donor and member of the Orange & Blue Society at the Orange Level. After the first year at C-N, the University will renew scholarships annually, up to a maximum of six successive fall and spring semesters, for recipients who meet the criteria set by the Office of Financial Aid.
• Why do I have to also be a current C-N donor? The Orange & Blue Society was established to raise resources to help offset costs associated with the new Alumni and Orange & Blue Society Legacy Scholarships, as well as new alumni engagement activities. The Orange & Blue Society does not want to take away from areas you have historically supported such as the Eagle Club, Annual Fund, Major Gifts, Scholarships, Athletics, and other programs. These areas are very important and are still in need of your ongoing financial support.
• Are there other eligibility requirements? Applicants must have applied for admission to Carson-Newman. Awards are given to new students who have been admitted to the University.
• How do I apply for the Alumni Legacy Scholarship? You will find a place on the C-N application to indicate that you are eligible for the Alumni Legacy Scholarship. *The Legacy Scholarship will not be available until the fall semester of 2020.
• How do I apply for the Orange and Blue Society Legacy Scholarship? You will find a place on the C-N application to indicate that you are eligible for the Orange and Blue Society Legacy Scholarship. *This scholarship will not be available until the fall semester of 2020.
Membership Pricing Information
• Orange - $100 / year
• Blue - $25 / year
• Lifetime - $2,100 *when paid in one payment
• Lifetime - $2,400 *when paid in (5) annual installments of $480
Other questions that might arise:
- What are the differences between the two levels? It’s hard to tell from the list of perks.
All the benefits are the same except the Orange Level Members also receive:
1. Eligibility for (1) of (5) Orange & Blue Society Legacy Scholarships (beginning with the 2020 fall semester)
2. Free reservations of Chitwood Alumni Center
3. Access to select MSAC facilities
4. Invitation to a Historical Walking Tour or Golf Cart Tour of campus and Mossy Creek
5. Printed Journey Magazine
6. Printed membership card
7. Visitor’s Parking Decal for use on campus
- I graduated in May of 2018 is my membership complimentary for 5 years? No. The Orange & Blue Society started in December 2018. The membership benefits are not retroactive from the starting date.
- Can I join at the Blue Level if I’m not a new graduate? Yes! Anyone can join at the Blue Level. It is $25 / year if you are not a new graduate.
- What does the Visitor’s Parking Decal mean? The parking decal allows any Orange Level member with a C-N issued Orange & Blue parking decal displayed in their windshield to park in any red, blue or white parking place on campus. It does not guarantee there will be a spot available for parking nor does it allow parking in Reserved lots or spaces at special events.
- How do I schedule a Historical Walking or Golf Cart Tour? Contact David Needs to schedule a tour: firstname.lastname@example.org or 865-471-3360.
- How do I join? There is an online membership form that allows online payment, an online form you can download, print and mail in your payment (instructions and address online), or you can drop by The Chitwood Alumni Center at Hale Place during Alumni Relations office hours (8:30-4:30pm Mon-Fri) and find forms. The Orange & Blue Society will also be at special events like Homecoming if you have questions or would like to join then.
- How do I receive my membership items if I join online? You will receive your membership card, decal and parking decal (Orange Level) in the mail.
- How do I get extra Orange & Blue t-shirts? Order t-shirts for the family here!
- I have questions about O & B. Who can help me? Contact Windsor Faulkenberry, Orange & Blue Society coordinator, email@example.com or 865-471-4164.