RN To BSN Online Program
Dear Prospective Student:
Thank you for your interest in the new Carson-Newman University RN-BSN program. The Department of Nursing has just completed the program development and will be launching the On-line RN to BSN nursing program in the fall of 2014. As you consider future plans in nursing education, please consider the following:
- The Institute of Medicine has recommended an increase in the proportion of nurses with a Bachelor of Science degree in nursing (BSN) to 80% by 2020.
- Local hospitals are moving toward or have achieved Magnate Status which requires 80% BSN nurses in the clinical areas.
- 75% of the current nursing leaders plan to exit the workforce by 2020 opening up a large number of vacancies for nurses who are prepared for leadership roles.
While there are many RN to BSN programs from which to choose, Carson-Newman is not just another RN-BSN program. The RN to BSN program at C-N includes
- a focus on leadership development
- nursing ethics and character development
- in-depth nursing knowledge
- application of the concept of social justice in practice
The goals for our program include:
Preparation of Nursing Leaders. You will have concepts of leadership included in general education and nursing classes.
Moral and ethical character development. Ethical and character development strategies and opportunities application of the concept of social justice are threaded through the required nursing courses.
Preparation for graduate education in nursing. Nursing course content will be at the BSN level of education.
Achievement of in-depth knowledge and skill level at the BSN level. Nursing curriculum includes pathophysiology, community nursing and nursing research.
Enhancement of knowledge and skills related to health care informatics.
If you are interested in achieving these goals as you move forward in your career, contact us at 865-471-3425 to schedule an appointment with a nursing advisor or apply on-line at www.cn.edu.