RN-BSN online nursing program stands out.
Carson-Newman University's Department of Nursing is launching the On-line RN to BSN nursing program in the fall of 2014. As you consider future plans in nursing education, please consider the following:
- The Institute of Medicine has recommended an increase in the proportion of nurses with a Bachelor of Science degree in nursing (BSN) to 80% by 2020.
- Local hospitals are moving toward or have achieved Magnate Status which requires 80% BSN nurses in the clinical areas.
- 75% of the current nursing leaders plan to exit the workforce by 2020 opening up a large number of vacancies for nurses who are prepared for leadership roles.
While there are many RN to BSN programs to choose from, Carson-Newman’s curriculum incorporates the highest academic and professional goals. Additionally, our overall nursing program is often cited for outstanding quality. We have again received a 10-year reaccreditation from the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.
The goals for our program include:
Preparation of Nursing Leaders. You will have concepts of leadership included in general education and nursing classes.
Moral and ethical character development. Opportunities and strategies for ethical and character development and the application of the concept of social justice are threaded through the required nursing courses.
Preparation for graduate education in nursing. Nursing course content will be at the BSN level of education.
Achievement of in-depth knowledge and skill level at the BSN level. Nursing curriculum includes pathophysiology, community nursing and nursing research.
Enhancement of knowledge and skills related to health care informatics.
If you are interested in achieving these goals as you move forward in your career, contact us at 865-471-3425 to schedule an appointment with a nursing advisor or apply on-line at www.cn.edu.
All students must meet the following admission criteria:
- GPA 2.75 or higher prior to beginning nursing courses
- Unencumbered Registered Nurse License
- Successful completion of criminal background check