Bachelor of Science in Nursing Fast-Track Program
Baccalaureate education in nursing is comprised of liberal arts and sciences, humanities and nursing. The purpose is to prepare a professional who functions autonomously with a focus on the health care needs of clients of all ages in a variety of settings. The baccalaureate nurse explains the rationale for nursing actions and collaborates with the client to determine acceptable outcomes. An integral part of baccalaureate preparation in nursing is the ability to apply knowledge to the promotion of client health.
The Fast Track - Second Degree Nursing Program at Carson-Newman University will enable you to obtain a second baccalaureate degree, the Bachelor of Science in Nursing. The curriculum is designed to be completed in 16 months of full-time study. You will begin your clinical nursing courses in the summer semester and at the completion of the program, you will be prepared for the state licensure examination for Registered Nurses.
The Fast Track – Second Degree BSN is designed to be completed in 16 months of full-time study. There is no part-time option. Admission is summer semester.
- A previous bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) from an accredited college or university.
- Prior to admission, the applicant must complete all general education requirements for the regular BSN degree. Coursework taken as part of the first Bachelor's Degree may be applied to this requirement.
- In addition to the above, the following prerequisite courses for nursing courses must be completed before admission:
- 2 semesters of English Composition
- 2 semester of Human Anatomy & Physiology
- 1 semester of Microbiology
- 1 semester of Introductory Chemistry
- 1 semester of Nutrition (200 level or higher)
- 1 semester of Human Development through the Lifespan
- 1 semester of Statistics (following departments acceptable: biology, education, mathematics, psychology, or sociology
- Overall GPAs of 3.0 on 4.0 scale. Science GPA 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Demonstrated understanding and commitment to a fast track BSN. Admission will be determined by the Undergraduate
- Admission & Progression Committee.Application to Carson-Newman College and Department of Undergraduate Studies in Nursing.
- Application for priority consideration is January 1.