For a major in History, a student must complete no less than 30 hours in history including:
- HIST 133 World History I
- HIST 134 World History II
- HIST 201 American History I
- HIST 202 American History II
- HIST 451 Senior Capstone
ONE non-western course:
- HIST 323 Global Feminisms: Women in the Modern World
- HIST 340 Literature and Revolution
- HIST 341 The Confucian Tradition
- HIST 343 India in Historical Perspective
- HIST 345 Southeast Asia
- HIST 347 Japan Past and Present
- HIST 348 China in Revolution
ONE European course:
- HIST 333 Europe in the Middle Ages
- HIST 334 Europe in Transition 1350-1789
- HIST 335 Europe in the Age of Revolution: Reform and Unification
- HIST 336 Emergence of Modern Europe, 1901 to the Present
- HIST 437 British History I
- HIST 438 British History II
Students must also complete 6 hours in political science to include PSC 101 or 102 and one 300 or 400 level 3-hour PSC course, exclusive of internship hours, for a total of 36 hours.
A student must make a grade of “C” or better in major courses.
For a minor in History, students must complete 18 hours including 133-134 or 201-202.