Handshake is the ultimate recruiting platform and professional network for college students. Handshake is designed to transform the recruiting experience for students, recruiters, and career centers.
Log in to Handshake to find:
Search for more job and internship opportunities than ever before.
Connect with more than 180,000 employers - including small, local businesses to large national and international organizations.
View CNU Career Fairs, panels, and other industry-focused events.
Schedule career advising appointments (Student Success) and on-campus interviews with employers from across the nation.
How to create your profile:
- Click this link to get to the login screen.
- Current Students: Enter your Carson-Newman email and click next.
- Login with your CN-email, and password that you use for your email.
- Follow the on screen instructions to finish your registration process.
How to Search for Positions and setup a saved search:
- Login to Handshake.
- Start by clicking on Jobs in the top navigation bar. from here, there are various filters available to narrow your search. See below for information.
- To search for jobs using keywords, use the search box at the top left of the page. Enter a few keywords.
- You can use filters and create a saved search. Click on the drop down arrow just to the right of the criteria you’d like to filter. Filters include: Location, Expiring Soon, Interviewing on Campus, Job Type, Salary Type, Employer Industry, Job Function, Major, etc... If you are looking for a summer internship in a specific city, you can set these as filters in your search!
- To sort the job listings, use the drop down arrow next to Sort By: Relevancy button on the top right-hand corner. Click on the arrow. Select the basis for your sorted job list from the options provided.
- To save a custom search, simply select your filter options and perform your search. Click on Save these filters. Enter the name and description of your search and click Save. It will now appear under My Saved Filters. To view jobs based on one of your saved lists, click on that list from My Saved Filters.
- You can also create a filter for "Favorited Jobs". If you favorite a group of jobs, you can return to the list at any point by clicking "My Favorite Jobs." From here, you can view your favorite jobs notifications.
Need more help?
Come visit Mark Workman in Career Services for more help with Handshake!