An internship is a form of experiential learning that integrates knowledge and theory learned in the classroom with practical application and skills development in a professional setting. Internships give students the opportunity to gain valuable applied experience and make connections in professional fields they are considering for career paths; and give employers the opportunity to guide and evaluate talent. - As defined by the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE). Follow this link to learn more.
Growing Leaders Fall Internship Program
A Chance to Make a Difference This Fall
If you or anyone you know is interested in a Fall Internship at Growing Leaders, today is the day to apply! Applications are due May 15th.
Every spring, summer, and fall semester, Growing Leaders accepts a select group of students and recent graduates from across the United States to intern at our office in Atlanta, Georgia.
Fast-paced, challenging, and rewarding, the Growing Leaders Internship Program gives students a chance to work alongside Dr. Tim Elmore and our team as we bring leadership principles to students all over the world.
If you know any college students or recent graduates who'd be interested in serving with us this fall, please pass this message along.
Feedback From Former Interns
"This internship exceeded my expectations in the fact that not only did I get to learn a ton about my particular field of career interest, but I also had the opportunity to learn so much about leadership. I am so grateful to Growing Leaders for taking the time out to see my potential and working with me to develop my skills as a business man and a leader as well."
Summer 2016 Intern
"Interning at Growing Leaders has been one of the best decisions of my young adult life. The office and the people that work so hard to keep it running have empowered me to believe in myself and my future. Their passion for serving others is contagious, and they truly inspire me to be the best person possible. I have a lot to thank Growing Leaders for, and I know they will always be like family.
Summer 2016 Intern
Apply For The Growing Leaders Internship Program Today
Some of the highlights of our internship program include:
Traveling with our team to events across the nation.
Honing networking skills.
Learning how to work in a fun, fast-pace office environment.
Receiving mentorship from Dr. Tim Elmore and the team.
Impacting others by helping students around the world realize their leadership potential.
Thanks for sharing with the students and young adults in your life!
Jibtopia Wake Park, was built by riders for riders! Located in Semora, NC. and ranked one of the top three wake parks in the world, Jibtopia has built and operates some of the finest cables of all time and is an award winning and internationally recognized wakeboard park for wake boarders of all experience levels.
We are looking for motivated individuals who are ready to challenge their creativity and business knowledge by joining our team and living the Jib life. Jibtopia is the most unique cable park there is and we want to share that uniqueness with the world. To do so we need the help of five aspiring business leaders who enjoy working with others, being outdoors, and problem solving to help grow our business and expand their knowledge in various areas of business. We are looking for people interested in business, hospitality, management, financing, marketing, supply chain management, entrepreneurship, accounting and any other business related fields.
Interns will get to live on-site, in one of our Jibtopia Winnebago campers complete with its own electric hook-ups, in a beautiful natural setting. One meal a day is provided and FREE wakeboarding, what could be better?
We are in search of five outstanding individuals to move into their new summer home away from home sometime between April 1st – May 30th. Move out dates are flexible and will vary (8/1/17 – 10/31/17). We also will have later summer into Fall positions.
Internship Opportunity- United Way of Greater Knoxville
For nearly 95 years in the Knoxville area, United Way of Greater Knoxville (UWGK) has fought for the health, education and financial stability of every person in this community. UWGK does this by raising and allocating funds for 107 programs to 50 local agencies. These programs impact over 100,000 each year and are the three focus areas: health, education, income and basic needs. Locally UWGK has been voted one of the best nonprofits, and is a part of a national organization with over 1,800 United Way agencies worldwide.
- Time Frame– June 2017 - December 2017
- June and July will be a time of training and preparation for the campaign season which begins in August.
- UWGK promises to be mindful of school holidays and final examinations.
- UWGK promises to adhere to intern grievances policy which can be reviewed prior to accepting the position.
- Time Commitment – 15 - 20 Flexible Hours per Week
- A signed contract is necessary to participate in this internship program.
- Intern is expected to communicate any unplanned, schedule conflicts directly with their supervisor. UWGK will not accept multiple “no-shows” without explanation.
Compensation – Unpaid Position
- UWGK will cover all meeting, event, mileage, and outing costs for intern.
- A signed certificate will be awarded at the end of the internship.
- When requested, references will be given based upon intern’s performance.
Daily Responsibilities – Assisting in Fundraising Efforts
- Intern will work directly with a Resource Development staff person who will train, guide, and give necessary supports to excel in every task.
- Activities will include: managing the schedule for staff members in the department, creating and maintaining campaign materials, updating and verifying data, preparing for volunteer meetings and training, and attending all major campaign events.
- Intern must be proficient in Microsoft Office, Microsoft Windows, and experience with online event programs (Eventbright, Canva, etc.) is preferred, but not required.
- The intern must have excellent people skills, strong time management abilities, as well as be a self-starter, very organized and able to stay motivated in a variety of tasks.
- This intern program promises to be a valuable learning experience to any student who is pursuing non-profit work or an administrative role in the future.
- These experiences will be gained through working with 50 local agencies and hundreds of local companies in fundraising efforts.
- Also, experience will be gained through networking opportunities with some of Knoxville’s most influential people, and coordinating opportunities with multiple volunteers who seek to make a lasting impact in our local community.
View Application in Eagle Net.