Mark Workman, Director of Career Services 865-471-3483
Welcome to Career Services! We are here to help you EXPLORE your options. Do you need help selecting a major or deciding in what direction you need to travel in order to obtain your dream job? We have a course (ID 210) specially designed for freshmen and sophomores who are trying to find their direction.
We also help students PREPARE for their calling by offering guidance with cover letter and resume writing. The Career and Personal Development class (ID 318) focuses on all aspects of making the transition from being a university student to being a professional.
The staff of the Life Directions Center is committed to working with you to help you SUCCEED in finding the next chapter in your life. As a Carson-Newman University graduate, you can always contact the LDC office to find support with any career questions you may have. Feel free to drop by the Life Directions Center (3rd floor, Baker) or give us a call at (865) 471-3567.
FOCUS-2 Online Career Exploration and Planning Program
Carson-Newman Career Services at the Life Directions Center welcomes you to FOCUS-2!
FOCUS-2, or FOCUS, is a self-paced, interactive, online career exploration and planning program for
current C-N students and C-N alumni. It offers multiple self-assessment and exploration tools which will be beneficial to your career decision-making process. If this is your first time using FOCUS-2, you will be asked to create a new account with a username and password. The initial access code is eagles. Please remember your username and password so you will be able to return to FOCUS. However, if you forget, request on the log-in page for the information to be sent to you.
After completing FOCUS, we encourage you to contact Tammy Renalds at the Life Directions Center (3rd floor, Baker Building) and schedule an appointment to discuss your findings. She will be happy to assist you with any further major or career exploration needs. You may reach her by phone at 865-471-4460 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click on the icon below to use FOCUS.
NEW FOR 2012 - 2013
Looking for a way to manage your career search? We have a program, CareerShift, that will help! With CareerShift you can
- Search, select and store job listings from all job boards and all company job postings
- Get up-to-date contact information, including e-mail address, for millions of companies
- Access in-depth information about contacts and companies posting jobs
- Record, save, and store your correspondence history records automatically
- Create personal marketing campaigns, including unlimited resumes and cover letters easily, and save them to access, print or e-mail
- Manage your confidential CareerShift account securely from any computer 24/7 to update and maintain your organized and recorded job search