You can access the InterLibrary Loan Form by clicking the link above or from the Library Catalog.
Choose the type of material you are requesting.
Fill in all the necessary information.Be sure to check our catalog before requesting the item. Under most circumstances we will not request an item we already have (even if it's currently checked-out).
An interlibrary loan is a transaction in which library material, or a copy of the material, is made available by one library to another library, upon request. The library subscribes to the Interlibrary Loan Code of the American Library Association as the governing principle and guide behind the negotiation of these transactions.
The purpose of interlibrary loan service is to obtain library material not available in the Stephens-Burnett Library and to loan material from the Stephens-Burnett Library which is not available in other libraries.
This service is offered to Carson-Newman University faculty, students, and other college employees.
Material which may be borrowed
A loan or a copy of any material may be requested from another library, although the lending library reserves the right to decide in each case whether or not a particular item can be provided. Items missing from the Stephens-Burnett Library collection may be borrowed from another library. Photocopies of missing pages from Stephens-Burnett Library's materials may also be obtained.
- Most libraries will not ordinarily lend the following types of material:
- Rare or valuable material, Including manuscripts
- Bulky or fragile items that are difficulty to expensive to ship
- Material in high demand at the lending library
- Reference books and materialUnique material that Is difficult or Impossible to replace
- Ph.D. Dissertations already reproduced and available in microform
Material which will not be borrowed by the Stephens-Burnett Library
- Books owned by the library and charged to a patron
- Booksfor class, reserve, or other group use
- An interlibrary loan borrowing request must be submitted on an appropriate form (paper or online) with full bibliographic information.
- The source field telling where the bibliographic information was found must be included
- There must be indication of compliance with the Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S. Code) where required.
- Payment must be made for photoduplication charges incurred, or of lending charges for other materials, if fees are Imposed by the lending library. The borrower is responsible for such charges even if the material arrives after his/her deadline.
- The borrower is financially responsible for the replacement or repair of materials lost or damaged during his/her use of them.
- Service will be provided as quickly and as inexpensively as possible.
Interlibrary loan service will be suspended for those who abuse the privilege.