Use of the computing facilities at Carson-Newman University is a privilege available to faculty, staff and students of Carson-Newman University, subject to compliance with certain principles designed to assure that all users have reasonable access to the system and that the action of any one user will not adversely affect any aspect of the work of computer usage of another. In accepting this privilege, you are expected to abide by the following rules of conduct, and compliance with them will be monitored. Disciplinary action will be taken when these rules are violated.
Purpose and Use of Resources
- Academic use is the primary purpose of the Information Technology resources, including the Internet connection, and always has priority over any other use.
- Recreational use of the University’s internet connection (such as game playing, downloading audio/video files, etc.) may be limited or restricted during peak hours. Commercial use of the campus system is not allowed without prior written approval from Information Technology.
- You are expected to be a responsible user of computing resources, especially printing in the computer labs.
- Each on-campus student is allowed a reasonable number of pages for printing in labs per term in which the technology fee is paid. If a student has reached what the reasonable amount determined, no more than 800 - 1200 pages, additional pages may be purchased from Information Technology at .05 per page.
- Each use is allocated network disk space for the storage of program, e-mail, data files and other documents generated by the user for college work. Additional disk space will not be allocated for storage of games or other personal software.
- Downloading of files from the internet to lab computer hard drives is strictly forbidden without permission from Information Technology. Files stored on computer lab drives are subject to automatic deletion. Unauthorized installation of software on any C-N computer is prohibited.
- Temporary guest accounts are subject to the Information Technology Policies.
Information Technology Services Help Desk
Room 300, FITE Administration Building
email: firstname.lastname@example.org | phone: 865-471-3506