Wireless computing is available everywhere on campus.
Only employees and current students have access to the Carson-Newman network. If temporary guest access is needed a faculty or staff sponsor is needed. The sponsor will need to fill out a Guest Access form and submit to the email@example.com no later than two business days prior to the required access.
- Open the >Start Menu >Select Connect to...
In the Show list, select Wireless (You will see a list of the wireless networks currently available.)
- Select CN-Eagles Network, and then Connect
- Open an Internet Browser (Firefox or Internet Explorer preferred)
- Accept the Download of CISCO Clean Access Network Security software
- Log Into the Clean Access secured network by using your Carson-Newman Network User Name and Password
Troubleshooting Your Network Connection
- Make sure your computer/appliance has wireless network abilities.
- Make sure your wireless network adapter is turned on (see your computer’s manual to see where to turn it on/off)
- Update Virus Checking Software
- Update Computer Operating System
- Re-Install CleanAccess
Smart Phones | Tablets | Handheld Device Connectivity
- iPad & iPhone Carson-Newman Network & Email Setup Instructions
- Android Carson-Newman Network & Email Setup Instructions
If you have checked the above items, and your device still does not show connection bring your mobile wireless device to the Help Desk during Walk-In hours.
Room 121 Dougherty Science Center
email: firstname.lastname@example.org | phone: 865-471-3506