Mobile Device Email Settings
Not all devices use the same settings. If your mobile device supports Microsoft Exchange, Corporate, or ActiveSync email, contacts and calendar information from your Carson-Newman account can be used. Here are the settings you will need:
- Server Name: webmail.cn.edu
- Domain Name: cn.edu
- Username: This is just the first part of your email address. For example email@example.com user name would be: abfaculty.
- The connection type will be configurees as EAS or Exchange.
*iPhone devices require SSL to be turned on for these settings to work.
Wireless computing is available everywhere on campus.
Only employees and current students have access to the Carson-Newman network. If temporary guest access is needed a faculty or staff sponsor is needed. The sponsor will need to fill out a Guest Access form and submit to the firstname.lastname@example.org no later than two business days prior to the required access.
- Open the >Start Menu >Select Connect to...
In the Show list, select Wireless (You will see a list of the wireless networks currently available.)
- Select CN-Eagles Network, and then Connect
- Open an Internet Browser (Firefox or Internet Explorer preferred)
- Accept the Download of CISCO Clean Access Network Security software
- Log Into the Clean Access secured network by using your Carson-Newman Network User Name and Password
Troubleshooting Your Network Connection
- Make sure your computer/appliance has wireless network abilities.
- Make sure your wireless network adapter is turned on (see your computer’s manual to see where to turn it on/off)
- Update Virus Checking Software
- Update Computer Operating System
- Re-Install CleanAccess
Smart Phones | Tablets | Handheld Device Connectivity
- iPad & iPhone Carson-Newman Network & Email Setup Instructions
- Android Carson-Newman Network & Email Setup Instructions
If you have checked the above items, and your device still does not show connection bring your mobile wireless device to the Help Desk during Walk-In hours.
Information Technology Services Help Desk
Room 300, FITE Administration Building
email: email@example.com | phone: 865-471-3506