Bring Your Own Device
Mobile Device Email Settings
Not all devices use the same settings. If your mobile device supports Microsoft Exchange, Corporate, or ActiveSync email, contacts and calendar information from your Carson-Newman account can be used. Here are the settings you will need:
- Server Name: webmail.cn.edu
- Domain Name: cn.edu
- Username: This is just the first part of your email address. For example firstname.lastname@example.org user name would be: abfaculty.
- The connection type will be configurees as EAS or Exchange.
*iPhone devices require SSL to be turned on for these settings to work.
Wireless computing is available everywhere on campus.
Only employees and current students have access to the Carson-Newman network. If temporary guest access is needed a faculty or staff sponsor is needed. The sponsor will need to fill out a Guest Access form and submit to the email@example.com no later than two business days prior to the required access.
- Open the >Start Menu >Select Connect to...
In the Show list, select Wireless (You will see a list of the wireless networks currently available.)
- Select CN-Eagles Network, and then Connect
- Open an Internet Browser (Firefox or Internet Explorer preferred)
- Accept the Download of CISCO Clean Access Network Security software
- Log Into the Clean Access secured network by using your Carson-Newman Network User Name and Password
Troubleshooting Your Network Connection
- Make sure your computer/appliance has wireless network abilities.
- Make sure your wireless network adapter is turned on (see your computer’s manual to see where to turn it on/off)
- Update Virus Checking Software
- Update Computer Operating System
- Re-Install CleanAccess
Smart Phones | Tablets | Handheld Device Connectivity
- iPad & iPhone Carson-Newman Network & Email Setup Instructions
- Android Carson-Newman Network & Email Setup Instructions
If you have checked the above items, and your device still does not show connection bring your mobile wireless device to the Help Desk during Walk-In hours.
Room 121 Dougherty Science Center
email: firstname.lastname@example.org | phone: 865-471-3506