Admission Requirements and Application Process - Graduate Nursing
The admissions process for a student wishing to pursue a graduate degree in the Nursing program is as follows:
- To complete your application on-line: ONLINE APPLICATION
- Application fee: The application fee is currently waived for early enrollment.
- A letter of recommendation from each of the following areas: academic, employment, and character [complete online]
- Official transcript(s) of all undergraduate study
- Written statement of purpose
- A minimum score of 300 or its equivalent on Graduate Record Examination (GRE) within ten years of application (contact GRE at www.ets.org/gre or 1-866-473-4373)
All C-N graduate admissions requirements must be met before new students are eligible to register for any courses.
Other factors that may be considered in the admission decision are:
- A demonstrated record of achievement
- Breadth and depth of work experience
- Leadership—demonstrated and/or potential
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Extracurricular and community involvementCurrent licensure(s)
The following graduate programs require a background records check submitted directly to Carson-Newman; no second-party background record checks are accepted.
Please send all application materials to:
Graduate and Adult Studies
1646 Russell Avenue
Jefferson City, TN 37760