Graduate & Adult Studies

Two Degree Program: Masters of Science in Counseling and Educational Specialist Degree

Master of Science in Counseling/Educational Specialist Degrees

Graduate Studies in Counseling program at Carson-Newman is proud to offer students the opportunity to earn two degrees toward licensure in two fields of counseling: Professional School Counseling and Clinical Mental Health Counseling. 

This degree is designed for students who want to complete the degree requirements for both the Master of Science in Counseling School Counseling Track and the Clinical Mental Health Counseling Track.

Through this degree option the students would be allowed to move from one track into the other track and receive both degrees at the completion of their study. The Master of Science in Counseling would not be awarded until the completion of the Ed.S. degree. At the completion of the Ed.S., the students would have met all the requirements for both tracks. This degree requires that the coursework be taken at Carson-Newman for both degrees.

For more information, contact Dr. Carolyn Brewer, Director of Graduate Studies in Counseling at:

         Review courses for MSC in Professional School Counseling and Ed.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling.

         Review courses in MSC in Clinical Mental Health Counseling and Ed.S. in Professional School Counseling.

Related Links

Rankings & Recognitions View All