GRADUATE STUDIES IN COUNSELING
The admissions process for a student wishing to pursue a MSC in Professional School Counseling or Clinical Mental Health Counseling is as follows:
- To complete your application on-line: ONLINE APPLICATION
- Application fee: $50
- A written statement of vocational goals.
- Recommendations from each of the following areas: academic, employment, and character. Online recommendation form print recommendation form
- One official transcript of all undergraduate study. (print request for transcript here)
- If applicable, one official graduate transcript showing courses that may be transferable.
- GRE scores taken within the last five years.
- Successful completion of an interview.
- A Background Check as required. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com for more information.
The admissions requirements are as follows:
- A minimum GPA of 3.00 (on a 4.00 scale) in the undergraduate major.
- A minimum GPA of 2.75 (on a 4.00 scale) for the overall undergraduate courses.
- A minimum GRE score of 290 or above for the verbal and quantitative components is expected. However, this is only one of several factors considered for admission to Graduate Studies in Counseling. We also consider other equivalent qualifying exams approved by faculty, such as the MAT or the Praxis in certain content areas.
- For graduate hours to transfer, Carson Newman University can accept a maximum of 9 graduate semester hours taken within the past 5 years.
Please send all application materials to:
Graduate and Adult Studies
1646 Russell Avenue
Jefferson City, TN 37760