The admissions process for a student wishing to pursue a MSC in Professional School Counseling or Clinical Mental Health Counseling is as follows:
- To complete your application on-line: ONLINE APPLICATION
- Application fee: $50
- A written statement of vocational goals.
- Recommendations from each of the following areas: academic, employment, and character. Online recommendation form print recommendation form
- One official transcript of all undergraduate study. (print request for transcript here)
- If applicable, one official graduate transcript showing courses that may be transferable.
- GRE scores taken within the last five years.
- Successful completion of an interview.
- Those applying to Professional School Counseling will also need a Background Check as required by state statute. Contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
The admissions requirements are as follows:
- A minimum GPA of 3.00 (on a 4.00 scale) in the undergraduate major.
- A minimum GPA of 2.75 (on a 4.00 scale) for the overall undergraduate courses.
- A minimum GRE score of 290 or above for the verbal and quantitative components is expected. However, this is only one of several factors considered for graduate studies.
- For Professional School Counseling, a passing score on the appropriate Praxis II taken within the last 5 years may be accepted in lieu of the GRE.
- For graduate hours to transfer, Carson Newman University can accept a maximum of 9 graduate semester hours taken within the past 5 years.
Please send all application materials to:
Graduate and Adult Studies
1646 Russell Avenue
Jefferson City, TN 37760