Application Deadline: Carson-Newman University Graduate education programs have rolling admission, which means we accept applications on a continual basis; however we suggest you apply early as many programs have limits to enrollment.
Required Application Materials:
Admission will not be considered until all application requirements have been fulfilled.
- Complete ONLINE GRADUATE & DOCTORAL APPLICATION
- $50 Application Fee
- OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS must be submitted directly from the Registrar of all previously attended colleges or universities to the Center for Adult and Professional Studies. The transcript must include the university seal and the highest degree attained.
Under the provision of the federal family educational rights and privacy act of 1974 the student has a right to request examination of this recommendation unless they have previously waived any rights of access to examine the file.
- A WRITTEN STATEMENT OF PURPOSE is required for applicants. This can be uploaded within the application, or emailed to Graduate & Adult Admissions.
- A MINIMUM GRE SCORE (Verbal +Quantitative) of 290 from within the past ten years using the most recent scoring guide (40th percentile) including a minimum writing score of 4.0 is required.
- A SCHOLARLY WRITING SAMPLE (APA Master’s thesis/research preferred) must be submitted. (Not required for Ed.S. in Collaboration and Counseling)
- AN ENTRANCE INTERVIEW conducted by the graduate faculty must be completed. Arrangement for the interview should be made prior to admission to the program by contacting the graduate admissions office.
- A Employment Verification Form form completed by a Principal, Assistant Principal or school district office administrator for applicants actively employed in a P-16 setting.
- Applicants who are not actively employed in a P-16 setting are required to have a background record check submitted directly to Carson-Newman University: no second party background checks are accepted.
- Additional information based on specific area of study.
Submit official transcripts and application materials to:
Graduate and Adult Admissions
1646 Russell Avenue
Jefferson City, TN 37760
IT IS THE APPLICANT'S RESPONSIBILITY to assure that all required documents are on file for the admission which is sought. Please contact the Graduate Admissions office if you have any questions about the application process.