The admissions process for a student wishing to pursue a graduate degree in Education or certificate program is as follows:
- To complete your application on-line: ONLINE APPLICATION
- Application fee:$50.00
- A letter of recommendation from each of the following areas: academic, employment, and character Online recommendation form. [print recommendation form]
- Official transcript(s) of all undergraduate study [print transcript request form]
*NOTE: Carson-Newman Undergraduates must also request the official transcript.
- Written statement of purpose
- Test scores (GRE/PRAXIS)
- Background records check submitted directly to Carson-Newman: no second-party background checks are accepted.
- Additional information based on specific area of study.
All C-N graduate admissions requirements must be met before new students are eligible to register for any courses.
Other factors that may be considered in the admission decision are:
- A demonstrated record of achievement;
- Breadth and depth of work experience;
- Leadership—demonstrated and/or potential;
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills;
- Extracurricular and community involvement;
- Current licensure(s)
Please send all application materials to:
Graduate and Adult Studies
1646 Russell Avenue
Jefferson City, TN 37760