“Learn to do good; seek justice, correct oppression; bring justice to the fatherless, plead the widow's cause.” --Isaiah 1:17
Admissions Requirements--In addition to the common admission requirements for graduate work at Carson-Newman, the following are minimum standards for acceptance into the proposed graduate program:
- Graduation from a regionally accredited four year academic institution with a bachelor’s degree;
- A final minimum grade point average of a 3.00 or a minimum GRE score of 300; or, if the applicant has more recently graduated from a regionally accredited law, medical, business or other professional, graduate or doctoral academic program, the equivalent class ranking or grade point average at such professional school;
- A strong personal statement of purpose (2-3 typed pages) that describes the applicants reasons for applying to the program, qualifications, and post-graduate goals;
- Three letters of recommendation from the applicant’s pastor, employer, former faculty, or other persons familiar with the applicant’s character, experience, and potential to benefit from graduate study;
- Certification of completion of prerequisite class work for social entrepreneurship applicants;
- An interview with and written acceptance by the program director.
Applicants not satisfying either the grade point average or the GRE requirements may be conditionally admitted to the Master of Arts in Applied Social Justice degree program at the discretion of the program director. A student who completes the first three courses of the graduate program with an average of “B” or higher will be granted full admission. A student who fails to satisfy this conditional admission requirement will be suspended from the program for a year and then may petition for readmission into the program.
- To complete your application on-line: ONLINE APPLICATION
- To complete your application for mail: Paper Application
- Application fee: The application fee is currently waived for early enrollment.
Please send all application materials to:
Graduate and Adult Studies
1646 Russell Avenue
Jefferson City, TN 37760